Customer Service Representative
Always a Wire Die Leader
Fort Wayne Wire Die has historically been the birthplace of technology that drives the wire drawing and wire die industries. From the first wire die manufacturing equipment and processes developed in the 1930s, to the ongoing engineering advancements that have marked the industry’s evolution ever since, Fort Wayne Wire Die has always stood at the forefront.
Our vision is to be the preferred global supplier for wire drawing dies and precision tooling for the global wire and cable industry, the one die supplier that can provide the consistent quality, application expertise, performance value, and supply chain efficiency all customers need to compete in a global market. The ISO 9001:2015 certification has allowed us to develop a quality management system that fully supports our vision and goals resulting in customer satisfaction.
This 1st Shift Customer Service Representative will Interact with customers to provide support and coordinate deliveries, provide quotes, accept orders, and follow up on issues. Establish a good rapport with customers. Provide inside sales contact for outside Product Managers and agents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
· Take phone calls from customers; pick up faxes and print e-mails from customers. Prioritize customer requests/inquiries and handle them in order of importance.
· Receive orders, write up on order form, attach appropriate specification card, obtain shipping information from production schedules, and confirm with the customer, if necessary.
· Review information from the customer to determine if the customer is asking for the correct product. This may require reviewing past order history, specifications on file, materials they draw, etc.
· Send orders to QA for confirmation of specifications.
· Take inquiries from customers/agents for product quotes. Write up on a quote form. If a quote can be provided out of the price book, send it to the receptionist to type. If the price is not in the price book, send it to cost accounting for pricing. International sales customer quotes need to include shipping charges, payment terms, etc. Fax and mail a hard copy to the customer.
· Expedite orders by contacting the appropriate people (scheduling, production, AWD, etc.) and relay information to customers.
· Work with customers to resolve problems, such as shipping issues, invoicing, improper shipments, quality issues, etc.
· Handle internal manufacturing questions regarding orders with internal people (QC, Production, Sales, etc.).
· By request or with certain customers, check recut orders to review paperwork and to assure orders are being processed correctly. (May need to contact the customer to obtain necessary information.)
· Assist with training new customer service representatives and other sales staff.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not necessary.
· Must have 2 – 4 years of experience working in customer service is the minimum requirement.
· Prefer a college degree and/or courses in marketing and/or sales with prior office and/or sales experience.
· Must be a mature, detail-oriented person who is comfortable working with both co-workers and customers.
· This individual must be able to prioritize their own work and handle multiple tasks.
· Computer experience is required and experience working on programs such as Excel, Word, and Gmail is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
· Interpersonal and customer service skills
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Multitasking and organizational skills
· Ability to answer calls/emails daily
· Ability to share work among a customer service team
· Time-management skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Must have superior data entry skills
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
· Prolonged periods of sitting throughout the day up to 8 hours a day.
· Must be able to use a telephone, computer, fax, and scanner/copier.
· Must be able to type or write for long periods of time.
· Must be able to look at a computer screen the majority of your day.