Order Entry/Shipping Specialist – 1st Shift (Fort Wayne, IN.)
We are hiring for a 1st Shift Order Entry/Shipping Specialist position. The Order Entry/Shipping Specialist performs all duties and paperwork necessary to assure prompt and accurate delivery of products to customers. This person is responsible for order entry, shipping, AES filings, and acts as Import/Export Specialist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
o Receive orders from sales and check for appropriate signature, accuracy, and completeness.
o Enter orders into the AS400 program. Print production orders, distribute copies, and file.
o Review confirmation orders from customers – comparing orders entered into the computer.
Shipping (All domestic & international companies as needed.)
o Match material and lathe list to PO for shipment information.
o Review serial numbers and sizes on the lathe list and compare to order and general instructions on order. Work with QA, production, etc. to correct discrepancies.
o Create a packing list using the computer from the lathe list number.
o Wrap, bag, and/or box parts, listing quantity or other information when necessary.
o Put the shipping label on the package that includes weight, address, postage, etc.
o Prepare all necessary paperwork (export papers, etc.) and place it in the box or attach it to the box as per customer/country instructions.
o At the end of each day, run shipping reports for drivers to review and compare weekly billings from shipping vendors.
- File/complete documents for commodity shipments over $2,500 with the US government
- Review all documentation regarding import shipments.
- Work with remote international plants and corporate accounting to ensure proper documents and procedures.
- Determine proper HS codes for export/import purposes.
- Maintain NAFTA information.
- Lead, guide, and direct other personnel in the diamond and carbide order entry/shipping areas as necessary.
- Assist Sales personnel in tracking shipments in production or in transit.
- Maintain inventory of all shipping supplies such as forms, packaging materials, boxes, tape, UPS/Airborne supplies, and order as necessary.
- File as necessary.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not necessary.
- A minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of working in shipping/receiving or similar positions is the minimum requirement.
- Must be a mature, detail-oriented person who is comfortable working with both co-workers and shipping vendors.
- This individual must be able to prioritize their own work and handle multiple tasks.
- Computer experience is required and experience of working on programs such as Excel and Word is preferred.
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be capable of lifting packages weighing up to 50 pounds.