Drilling (Laser/Lonic) – 1st & 2nd Shift (Fort Wayne, IN.)
This 2nd Shift, Drilling (Laser/Lonic) position will laser drill dies to the proper shape and specified hole diameter with a minimum of surface damage. Sonic bell and back to proper shape and surface finish. Clean dies in an ultrasonic cleaner and inspect to ensure the dies are clean. The ideal candidate will be a reliable, friendly, and team-oriented supervisor.
2nd Shift: Monday – Thursday, 4:00 PM – 2:30 AM, you work 4 – 10-hour days and overtime only as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Read and understand traveler instructions.
- Prepare dies for drilling by measuring stone thickness and painting stone surface.
- Input data into a computer.
- Run inspection equipment including video sizers and conoptica.
- Ultrasonic the bell and back countersink of lasered dies.
- Visually inspect dies after drilling and sonicing.
- Startup and shutdown of all lasers and sonics.
- Follow safety rules and guidelines for all equipment.
- Understand and follow ISO procedures.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- A successful score on entry-level tests is required.
- The ability to do simple process troubleshooting.
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The ability to stand and/or walk on concrete floors for up to 12 hours per day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.