Small Die Polisher/Sizer – 1st shift (Fort Wayne, IN.)
Our team is looking to fill a 1st shift Small Die Polisher/Sizer.
A Small Die Polisher will wire polish dies to a specified angle and to the required diameter and blend the transition area between the entrance zone and reduction area.
A Small Die Sizer will wire size dies to a specified dimension and meet visual requirements.
This is an incentive-paid job and once trained you have unlimited earning potential.
While this is our ideal list, we will consider candidates that do not necessarily have all the qualifications but have sufficient experience and talent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Read and understand travelers and ISO processes for R. A. Polishing/Sizing dies.
- Follow ISO procedure to prepare dies for polishing/sizing.
- Follow ISO procedure to polish/size dies for the specified type of die.
- Clean die.
- Measure, weigh die, and enter it into the CMS system.
- Prepare die for QA inspection.
- Pull the wire from wire racks to polish/finish dies and check sizes.
- Workstations are set up with 10 machines to be run continually.
- Check equipment for safe operation and report defective equipment to the supervisor.
- Clean and lubricate machines, as required.
- Keep work area clean and neat.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Must have successful scores on entry-level tests.
- Must be able to work around machinery.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to do simple process troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a clear understanding of general math (including fractions and decimals).
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills.
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Excellent vision
- Excellent hand dexterity
- Stand and walk on concrete floor 8 to 12 hours per day.
- Temperature-controlled facility (heat and air conditioning)
- Quiet for a production facility